The Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, Inc.
2014 Scholarship Details
The Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, Inc. offers annual scholarships, which are available to students pursuing a career in broadcasting in Hawaii.
Awards will be given to students who complete the application process by the stated deadline.
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a full-time college student with the cost of tuition for one year in his or her pursuit of college study. The student must have the career goal of working in the broadcast industry (radio, television) in Hawaii upon graduation. Please note again- this scholarship is for school tuition only.
Annual scholarships will be awarded to students interested in a broadcast career who are attending or plan to attend an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university or a recognized broadcast school in the United States.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
- Be a senior in high school or a student currently enrolled in college
- Have at least a 2.75 overall GPA
- Have the stated intention to work in the broadcast industry in Hawaii upon completion of school. If this is not your desire, please do not apply.
Applicants should submit:
- Completed application form; the online application is the preferred method of submission
- A recommendation letter from at least one current or former teacher; please submit as an attachment if possible, or mail to HAB.
- Please do not submit extra pages of information, such as your sports and extracurricular activities. Please answer the questions on the application as completely as possible.
- If you have 100% of your tuition covered by grants or other scholarships, do not apply, unless you can re-purpose any or all of the other grant or scholarship money, so that HAB will be covering tuition only.
- An official copy of your most current GPA and/or school transcript of grades
Applications must be submitted to the HAB Scholarship Committee by April 30, 2014. Finalists will be notified by phone or e-mail by June 30 and will then be invited to a short, personal interview with the HAB Scholarship Committee in July. Please do not call to inquire about your status; if you are a finalist, you will be notified during the month of June. Be sure to provide contact information on your whereabouts in June and July.
HAB Scholarship Committee
PO Box 61562
Honolulu, Hawaii 96839
808-599-7784 fax only,
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Fill out Application Form online >>
- OR -
<< Download Application Form (PDF) >>
Return to Top